353 91 455 300
29 days ago
About Your New Employer
A tech-focused gaming company operating multiple brands in the Irish gaming market. You will be part of the retail operations team, managing a small team at the ground level in a fast-paced and exciting environment with the experience, security, and leadership of an established business that has been in operation for over 40 years.
We’re looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a strong understanding of the competitive retail environment. Who can work autonomously and who can ensure the smooth running of the business in order to ensure profit, performance, and customer service.
About Your New Job
As a General Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the club. You will build relationships with our customers ensuring they enjoy our products and services responsibly. Customer focus, people skills, and the ability to successfully multi-task are essential in the world of retail management.
Industry experience is not required, candidates will be considered with a strong retail or hospitality background i.e. Store Manager in Food Retailer, Discount Store or Phone Retailers, etc, Hotel Manager, etc.
- Manage the accounts and cash flow for the club.
- Analyse weekly and monthly financial figures, recommending actions to improve the operation.
- Manage all controllable costs within the agreed budget.
- Determine the current status of the business and prepare a plan of action of key priorities including timelines and deliverables.
- Demonstrate competence in the management of all operational activities, reviewing goals & targets to ensure we are on track.
- Manage, motivate and develop a team of Supervisors and Customer Assistants and create an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Ensuring the team has commercial awareness and understanding of how they can personally impact the bottom line.
- Recruit and develop the best possible talent to ensure the long-term success of the business.
- Develop the team in their current role, supporting development for those with potential for future roles within the club.
- Maintaining high standards, taking pride in the club, and ensuring all colleagues adhere to the company uniform policy and focus on shop cleanliness.
- Implementation of promotional campaigns to maximise impact on the ground, provide feedback to the marketing team on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with the Operation Director.
What Skills You Need
- General manager experience at a store manager level or above and/or experience in Hospitality at management level (4 + years).
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Evidence of commercial acumen and an appreciation of current operating environment.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- IT proficient, with experience of working with Microsoft Word, Excel and the aptitude to learn in-house systems.
- Ability to influence wider business stakeholders.
- Experience in delivering coaching/training in the moment to ensure that customers have a great experience.
- Ability to deal with tough situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Commercial mind-set.
- Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Nicholas on +353 91 455300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch. We also have multiple Temp, FTC and Contract jobs available.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere