My client, a world leader in the automotive industry is looking for an experienced Test Technician for their plant in Galway. The role will work as part of the production Team to provide sufficient support to allow the consistent achievement of production targets.
- Respond to unscheduled downtime/defective-product situations promptly
- Be able to specify/document/communicate the problem clearly [5W2H]
- Be able to put an effective Containment in place : return the process to making good parts.
- Follow up with permanent corrective action as required.
- Adhere to Line QRQC standard.
- Application of Escalation Procedure
- Establish root cause. Application of Logical thinking.
- Be able to use equipment schematics, manuals, etc in the course of establishing root cause.
- Adhere to troubleshooting standards.
- Correct the problem
- Log all equipment downtime and generate DT reports each shift
- Document and communicate all Spare Parts consumed. Highlight any spare parts related issues.
- Work with Spare Parts Technician to optimise spare parts inventory, cost, supplier reduction, etc
- Ensure the relevant information is shared effectively across all shifts and among all required groups.
- Ensure an effective shift handover occurs at the start/end of each shift
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks to schedule. Update PM records. Ensure spares/consumables required for PM-activity are in stock.
- Adhere to 5S requirements in both production and Technician work areas.
- Feedback to the relevant Test Engineers issues concerning the performance of Test Equipment.
- Support initiatives to improve process/equipment performance
- Certificate/Diploma Electronic Engineering (or equivalent).
- 2-3 Years working in a manufacturing environment. Preferably in Electronics Industry.
- Working knowledge of both in-circuit and functional test
- Strong background in PC based testing (Software, Hardware installation)
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to email@example.com or call 091 455 300.
All applications will be treated in confidence.