Dublin City Centre, Republic of Ireland
16 days ago
About Your New Job:
- Reporting to the Head of Claims/Senior Technical Claims Manager, this role requires expert case management delivery of technical claim decisions and training of Junior Claims Assessors and Claims Administrators in the Employee Benefit Claims team across a sophisticated and diverse corporate client base.
- A primary challenge is to support the business in achieving aggressive growth targets by delivering expert claims management services that will be maintained throughout the lifetime of the products and the client relationship.
- To manage a portfolio of claims by ensuring best practise approach is adopted as possible in order to meet competency levels and qualifications required to work in a busy claims function under MCC guidelines.
- The role holder will medically assess all Group Risk product claims, typically - life, critical illness and income protection/disability claims on Irish and international schemes/policies as they occur and at claim review stage, making recommendations and decisions within agreed limits
What Your Need:
- Understand the balance between technical claim imperatives and service obligations.
- Have a strong knowledge of Irish financial regulation and its application to life insurance companies.
- Be a practical problem solver coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Oversee and implement proactive best practise case management on all claim product types.
- Have experience with networking / liaising with a client and corporate broker base which is both diverse and
- Provide strong and consistent leadership to junior staff members.
- Be a strong presenter and negotiator
Establish client confidence and deepen relations to retain and grow the business.
Who You Are:
- Third level education with a professional qualification in Claims Management industry related.
Diploma in Life and Disability (DLDC) under the III.
- Grandfathered Status under MCC.
- QFA in Life, Pensions & Regulations under LIA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ medical IP claims assessment.
- Expert knowledge of Group Risk Products.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to drive excellence standard across team.
- Excellent communication, relationship management, analysis, report writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must have high professional standards and can demonstrate how to implement these across the claims team.
- This role is a controlled function as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010, Regulations (2011). Any appointment
will be conditional upon satisfying the company that the job holder meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and
Probity Standards issued by the Central Bank.
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Rebecca O'Neill on 01 4744618
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere