Technical Accountant - Big Tech
Dublin City Centre
17 days ago
Technical Accountant - Tech Industry - 11 Month Contract - Remote - Salary 115k
About your new employer
- Global Tech Company.
- Small team Structure
- Work closely with teams located across the world.
About your new job
- Interpret IFRS accounting standards and legal entity reporting requirements to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements often bridging any differences with US GAAP.
- Research accounting implications from changes in the subject areas, prepare accounting memos, and reach conclusions after evaluating various viewpoints/guidance which may involve topics such as: revenue recognition, leasing, uncertain tax positions, business combinations, intercompany transactions, financial instruments, contingencies, and many more.
Concisely and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to inform all key stakeholders of the accounting and business implications of transactions, particularly those with limited or no accounting background.
- Collaborate closely with US technical accounting and policy, statutory accounting, tax and other finance functions, key business stakeholders and external auditors to support the preparation and review of precedent setting accounting positions, policies, and financial statements.
Provide insight on or prepare new or existing accounting policies based on industry standards and best practices.
Monitor, understand and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements under IFRS to assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational and reporting implications.
what skills do you need
- Seeking a technical accountant who can move fast and learn quickly to help solve technical accounting issues for emerging significant, non-routine, and unique transactions.
- Responsible for understanding the finer details of proposed or executed transactions through review of available contracts and agreements and collaboration with key cross-functional business partners including our International and US Accounting teams.
- The candidate will leverage experience researching relevant accounting guidance to identify key accounting issues and recommend accounting and disclosure requirements for complex non-routine transactions and ensure that our accounting policy and accounting estimates are updated timely to reflect all changes.
- 8+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting or similar experience.
ACA, CPA or equivalent qualification with strong IFRS experience and a working knowledge of US GAAP.
What's on offer
- €115,000 salary.
- Remote Working
- Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or email ADuignan@sigmar.ie for a confidential chat.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.