€40,000 - 45,000
17 days ago
Job title: Student Liaison Ambassador
Reporting into: Program Director
Job location: Galway City, with some travel outside of the county.
If you are a very sociable person who is interested in meshing both your love of Galway and your love of meeting new people this could be a lovely work opportunity for you.
I am working with an educational institution here in Galway. Throughout the year they welcome students from the United States to Galway and they are seeking a Student Ambassador to welcome approx. 20 students, 3 times per year, to Galway City. There will be occasional travel outside of the County too including; Belfast, Giant’s Causeway, Donegal and Sligo.
About the employer
This University Study Abroad program offers immersive educational experiences to students travelling to Ireland. With offices in Galway City, they are close by to where visiting students stay and their core aim is to help students settle in Galway and enjoy some Irish culture before returning home again.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary and flexible working. You will tend to work 2 days per week from home (if you wish, or you may prefer to work in the offices) and it is likely that you will spend time with students for part of the weekend (hillwalking, dinners, field trips). When you work at the weekend you will always be given the equivalent time off during the week.
The work week is a 40 hour work week, with flexible hours, you will not be micromanaged.
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be;
- A naturally sociable person who genuinely enjoys meeting new people.
- You will have a real grá for Ireland and will relish showing students parts of this beautiful country’s landscapes and traditions.
- Good organisation and office skills will be needed as you will be supporting 20 students and providing support and information around their educational programs.
- Be happy working in an office environment as well as attending poetry readings, dinners and field trips on weekends. This will not be every weekend but it will be on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be friendly, empathetic and professional.
If you are interested in this role please contact Louisa Poinboeuf at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sigmar Recruitment will always handle your details in confidence and will never forward your details to a Third Party without your prior permission.