Dublin City Centre, Republic of Ireland
€50,000 - 65,000
11 days ago
About Your New Employer:
Our client is one of Irelands largest and oldest Insurance companies.
About Your New Job:
As the Senior Technical Underwriter in Commerical Pricing & Underwriting, you will support the implementation of underwriting standards within our client as an expert in Property and Casualty classes of business. in line with our risk appetite.
What You Will Do:
Reporting into the Commercial Underwriting Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Documenting of risk appetite for each class of business and continuous review of same.
- Produce reports with clear findings and recommendations on Products, Underwriting Footprint and market opportunities.
- Identifying new product and/or process opportunities to improve products and strengthen Underwriting rules to reduce claims and/or improve overall customer experience.
- Use portfolio analysis to identify areas of concern and develop of action plans.
- Develop and deliver Underwriting training programmes to sales and Underwriting staff on product features and acceptance rules, rating and risk appetite.
- Work with Trading and Claims teams to ensure effective implementation of Underwriting standards.
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a risk acceptance and rating environment, with a sound knowledge of market trends.
- CIP Qualified essential, with MDI or ACII desirable.
- You will have proven ability to maintain consistently strong focus on professional standards and results, and a track record of delivery in technical underwriting.
- Sound understanding of insurance market and specifically our suite of Commercial products.
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience of building successful long-term relationships both internal & external.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of technical underwriting scenarios.
- Strong customer advocate with clear understanding of the impact of Underwriting standards on customer journeys and customer facing staff.
Whats In It For You:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 10% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance
- Generous annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- + Much more
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Rebecca O'Neill on 01-4744618 or e-mail me on Roneill@sigmar.ie
Or if the job is not quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We will help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV.
- We will provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search.
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website