about 1 month ago
Senior R&D Engineer
About Your New Job
- As a Senior R&D Engineer, you will research and deliver complex catheter technologies to accelerate the next generation of our devices to market.
- Promote an innovation mind set, identify improvement opportunities, suggest solutions and submit patent disclosures.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with key technology and component suppliers.
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria related to materials, manufacturing processes, and design.
- Detailed project planning and leadership of various stages of product development, including concept development, rapid prototyping, detailed design, and design for manufacture.
- Develop clinically relevant in-vitro and ex-vivo test protocols to profile device performance across a range of clinical scenarios.
- Ensure direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Draft, collaborate, and present data to the technical community while assisting in strategic planning for the company.
What Skills You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical, Mechanical, Polymer, Materials, or Industrial Engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable, or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- 5+ years of engineering experience working for a MedTech company whose products and processes are FDA regulated.
- Experience in the development and production of medical devices that require complex processes and assembly techniques and a proven ability to deliver results in this setting.
- Holds him/herself and others accountable to meet commitments by following through, acting with a clear sense of ownership, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures.
- A self-starter who can see and deliver the entire program of work required to realize the business strategy with a minimal amount of direction.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Brings support and positive attributes to a culture that is respectful, supportive, goal oriented, scientific, and diverse.
- Team player with an innovative mindset.
- Supports colleagues in the achievement of their strategic objectives.
- Provides leadership example to employees across the group.
- High integrity and honesty.
Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
Apply now by clicking the ''Apply Now'' button or call me, Edina Mulrennan on +353 91 455309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch. We also have multiple Temp, FTC and Contract jobs available.