Senior ICT Specialist
€54,000 - 68,000
8 days ago
Senior ICT Specialist / Permanent / Co. Cork
Our client is undergoing a strategic programme of transformation, with a key focus on the roll out of an ICT Strategy, as well as a Data Strategy among other initiatives to modernise the organisation.The Senior ICT Specialist will help support the delivery and operation of ICT in a more efficient, shared, and integrated manner.
About your new employer
Sigmar is recruiting for an independent statutory body responsible for the regulation of the sea-fisheries and the seafood production sectors. Our client promotes compliance with the EU Common Fisheries Policy, sea-fisheries law and food safety law relating to fish and fish products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of the portfolio of operational and administrative information systems. Ensuring support for mission critical systems and infrastructure.
- Support the development and delivery of ICT security strategies and the organisation’s response to data and cyber security threats in accordance with appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Print & File Server
- Administration of Windows 10 Laptops and Toughbooks, MDM/MAM, IT Service Desk.
- Support legacy solutions and contribute to their migration to modern tooling and services, including public cloud.
- Proactively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, from DAFM/OGCIO ICT infrastructure, cyber security, and applications teams to wider operational staff to develop and maintain a technical environment that secure, highly available and fit for purpose.
- Support the team’s activity by participating in procurement initiatives to source products and services required.
- Contribute ICT expertise to projects which have an IT component and provide technical input into procurement initiatives run by other teams.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Possess a qualification (minimum Level 7 NFQ) in a relevant area, with an ICT component
- 3 years directly relevant ICT experience.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive Pension scheme
- 29 annual leave days per annum
- Permanent position – Located in Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
- Hybrid working flexibility.
- For further information, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to Shane Mullen in Sigmar Recruitment.
- Closing date is 12 noon, Thursday the 30th of March 2023
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere