Senior Claims Handler
Dublin City Centre
€40,000 - 49,000
12 days ago
About Your New Employer:
Our client who is a one of the world leading insurance and asset management groups are seeking a Senior Claims Handler, to join their Dublin based office in hybrid working model on a full-time permanent contract.
About Your New Job:
- Complete all aspects of claims management including (notification, triage, investigation, fulfilment, negotiation, liability and settlement, payment, subrogation, and salvage) within predefined authority limits and to predefined processes, procedures, and escalation points.
- Contain claim costs by implementing agreed processes and deploying all resources effectively (system and technical resources, other teams, appropriate experts, liaising with Third Party Service providers, customers, solicitors)
- Deliver consistency in estimating, minimise leakage and fraud.
- Take ownership for managing referrals, escalations, and complaints where appropriate including when required the upward referral to your team leader.
- Provide advice and guidance to more junior claims handlers or newly appointed team members in your area.
- Identify and refer potential cases of fraud to Special Investigations Unit (SIU) using red flag indicators and handler intuition in order to avoid commercial loss through potentially fraudulent claims.
- Compile appropriate MI reporting for escalation to executive team where applicable.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in claims handling, with ability to estimate files in sensitive, complex, and large claims.
- Must hold grandfather, CIP or APA Personal and Commercial qualification with up to date CPD hours.
- Strong customer focus with ability to be tactful, empathetic and operate with discretion when dealing with sensitive claims.
- Knowledge of Technical Claims, Procedures, and processes.
- Expert knowledge in Claim regulations, compliance, and legislation.
- Experience in negotiation, influencing, judgement and decision-making.
- Problem solving and issue resolution.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- 2 days in office and 3 at home
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 10% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance
- Generous annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Employee discounts
- Education support and plenty of learning opportunities.
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Karl O’Connell on 01-4744633 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if the job is not quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.