Sanitary Survey Coordinator
27 days ago
About Your New Job
The successful candidate will fulfil the role of a Sanitary Survey Coordinator (Higher Executive Officer). The principal responsibilities relate to assisting the SFPA to fulfil its remit in providing technical support in the regulatory area of Sanitary Surveys, Food Safety.
About Your New Job
- Support the Director and the team as the National Coordinator of Sanitary Surveys.
- Technical support in Shellfish Monitoring
- Technical Support in Aquaculture and Foreshore Responses.
- Coordinate and undertake the Sanitary Survey Program in accordance with legislative requirements, audit findings and schedule.
- Act as liaison point of contact with Sanitary Survey tender company to ensure the project requirements are fulfilled.
- Review and Publish Sanitary Survey Reports.
- Drafting and Updating Technical Documentation in Sanitary Surveys and Shellfish Monitoring.
- Coordinating the selection, planning and performing of shoreline surveys, shellfish and water bacteriological sampling of the sanitary Surveys.
- Provide active training, support and learning and development to operational Sea Fisheries Protection Officers and business units in relation to the selection, planning and performing of sanitary Surveys and requirements through information sessions, workshops, and other awareness raising initiatives.
- The successful candidate will need to engage positively with local, national and international stakeholders to promote the performance of sanitary surveys and shellfish official controls and compliance with sea Food Safety regulation.
- Provide technical support in the areas of sanitary surveys and shellfish.
What Skills You Need
- Possess two years’ relevant work experience preferably in a Sanitary Survey or Food Safety regulatory area at an operational and /or national level which may include one or more of the following:
a) Experience in implementing regulation of sanitary survey or shellfish official controls including sanitary surveys, sampling, food incidents etc including writing up sanitary survey reports or scientific reports on the findings;
b) Technical experience in developing guidance and providing workshops on Sanitary surveys and/or shellfish to stakeholders or
c) Technical experience in the design, establishment and delivery of shellfish food safety official controls;
- Candidates, on the closing date for this competition, must hold or must be in the process of completing a minimum qualification of NFQ Level 7 in a relevant discipline (such as Food Science or Science, Regulatory or related field).
What’s on Offer
€52,897 Starting Salary
Attractive Pension and Annual Leave Policy
- Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me Kim on 021 2359145
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere