21 days ago
R&D Test Engineer
About Your New Employer
This is a start-up medical device company developing a new and innovative device to support the heart. Heart support devices are used by interventional cardiologists to stabilize patients in times of cardiogenic shock and acute heart failure. They are an enthusiastic team with diverse backgrounds and expertise, with facilities in both Galway, Ireland, and Nijmegen, Netherlands.
About Your New Job as an R&D Test Engineer
- Your key responsibility is to measure and quantify the physical characteristics of the device by experimental design. Your knowledge of solid and fluid mechanics, and other areas of physics should translate in hardware and software implementations of test platforms and their validation, including test protocols and data analysis tools.
- You will work closely with your counterparts responsible for designing and manufacturing the pVAD device
- Understand the physical and physiological drivers and boundary conditions of pVAD design and translate them into concrete research proposals.
- Develop test capabilities, processes and protocols to support the development, verification, and validation of the company’s catheter device
- Develop and maintain the company’s bench testing, technologies & competencies.
- Good communication with peers and management in the continuous feedback loop between device design and validation testing
What Skills You Need:
- You will have a minimum of four years of medical device development experience, and have either a Master’s or primary Degree in a relevant engineering/scientific discipline such as applied physics, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in qualification of medical / cardiovascular devices, with structural heart experience an advantage.
- Experience with physical measurement equipment and sensors.
- Programming skills in Matlab + Matlab Simulink.
- Basic knowledge of the V-model approach to verification & validation testing is preferred.
Apply for your new job now by clicking the apply button, or contact Emma Ward at Sigmar Recruitment on:
- T: +353 91 455307
- E: email@example.com
..for more information.