Dublin City Centre
17 days ago
About Your New Employer:
Your new employer empowers people to take control of their financial futures with cutting-edge investment tools. As a privately owned company, our client empowers their teams to take controle of their careers with the support and benefits they need to grow.
About Your New Job
You will manage and lead a team of engineers supporting highly skilled, software engineers developing quantitative solutions as part Quantitative Research and Investment Technology (QRIT) to support all areas in Asset Management.
You blend deep expertise and experience in financial domain, applied mathematics, engineering, technical design, and leading high-performance teams with a passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing associates.
You will directly manage team members working on multi-functional squads. You actively bring new ideas, approaches, and insights to improve the work and develop new skills and capabilities in your area, enabling associate growth while adding greater value.
What Your New Job Entails:
- Ensuring team talent composition aligns with strategic priorities, including workforce planning vital to deliver value and results for customer and the business.
- Supporting, mentoring, developing and enabling associates to deliver increased value to the product areas and squads they support.
- Translating strategic changes and enterprise initiatives from enterprise groups to insights, and impacts to our customers and roadmap.
- Influence strategic decisions and priorities related to your domain of expertise and remove strategic impediments to delivering value.
- Measure performance through established objectives and KPIs to deliver agreed upon business, technology, and people results.
- Ensure and guide the teams to deliver strategic goals through fostering “fit for purpose” design, effective governance, leading standards, service continuity and continuous improvement over time
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 15 years of software engineering and development experience
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in a quantitative or computational field such as Statistics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- An understanding of quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics – including probability, linear regression and time series data analysis would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in all layers of the technology stack including data, middle-tier, and front-end capabilities
- Expertise in quantitative environment and technology landscape.
- Deep understanding of quantitative portfolio construction techniques in a multi-asset class context, portfolio optimization and statistics.
- Hands on software developer passionate about engineering excellence, highly focused, innovative, self-starter, collaborator, and someone who’s eager to learn and mentor every day.
- Senior level experience leading, coaching, mentoring and developing people and teams
- Experience identifying and acquiring strategic talent needs; and strategic resource planning and talent allocation across large organizations
- You take a data-focused approach to decision making, in day-to-day leadership and strategic tradeoff analyses
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Rebecca O'Neill on 01-4744618 or e-mail me on Roneill@sigmar.ie
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why Apply Through Sigmar
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website