22 days ago
About your new employer
One of Irelands leading chemical manufacturers and suppliers of high-quality formulations to industry are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their Cork site.
You will be responsible for motoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs while also issuing purchase orders to manufacturers, suppliers and distributors. You will also need to have excellent IT skills and a great knowledge of Excel.
About your new job
- Track orders for a timely delivery.
- Ensure goods received are 100% accurate.
- Update internal spreadsheets with order details.
- Assisting with analysis and reports.
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure products purchased are in line with the needs of the company.
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends.
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices.
- Keep records of purchases made, invoices and contracts.
- Assisting with negotiation strategies and making recommendations.
- Maintaining knowledge of market/industry trends.
- Maintain procedures and control all purchasing documents and data that relate to the Quality system.
What skill/experience you need
- Two to three years experience working as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer in similar role in manufacturing company.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Hands on experience with purchasing software.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy of work, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and telephone communications skills.
What’s on offer
- Full time Perm role (Mon-Friday).
- Salary €35k.
- Apply now by clicking “Apply Now” or contact me at 021 484 7139.
- Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why apply through sigmar
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV.
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search.
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere.