Dublin City Centre
5 days ago
About Your New Employer
One of the leading publications in the financial industry is looking for a Publishing Executive to join their team. This is a 12 month contract role where you will be Reporting to the Managing Editor of the Institute’s magazine and working closely with the Head of Thought Leadership, this role includes editorial responsibilities for the Institute’s magazine publications, digital content, thought leadership, publishing programmes and student textbook programmes
About Your New Job
- Editorial management of allocated books and projects through the editing, typesetting, editorial, cover and layout design process, as well as coordinating authors’ and proofing changes to the final publication.
- Managing production schedules for projects and meeting deadlines.
- Substantive and copy-editing, involving liaison with authors (careful author management) and freelance editors.
- Content creation for digital magazine brands and publications, including editorial and content ideas, copy commissioning, editing, and proofreading, liaising with contributors, design and imagery.
- Management of digital textbook publications, from design to conversion to publication and promotion; ebook and PDF conversion and publication working with specialised suppliers.
What Skills You Need
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, particularly in writing, editing, copy-editing, proof-reading, book layout and design, management of the editorial process, and digital content creation, ideally in professional and/or business publishing
- Knowledge and experience of on-screen editing techniques, particularly with MS Word and the Adobe suite of publishing formats and applications.
- Content management systems: Aptify (member database and product management); Sitefinity (website management)
- Marketing tools: Adestra (email marketing/newsletters); Brandwatch/Falcon (social media management)
What’s On Offer
- €42K Salary
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Vicky warren on 01 9619709.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV.
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your job searches.
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised anywhere else