Mechanical Design Engineer
25 days ago
About Your New Employer
Our client is a family-run business founded in 1976. However, they have since grown into a global company with their head office located in the bustling town of Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Our client has vast experience managing and delivering project solutions to the engineering and contracting industry worldwide. Our client's employees are from various cultural backgrounds and are focused on working together to get the job done. As an employer, our client offers a huge range of opportunities to its employees.
3 reasons why candidates should work for our client!
Sum up our client's key selling points! Our client is a global multinational with over 40 years of experience in the industry. They have interesting clients and projects, including work in the Oil & Gas processing and LNG industry. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and benefit from our client's work culture, which emphasizes collaboration and inclusivity.
About Your New Job
As a Mechanical Design Engineer - Rotating, you will be part of our client's team in Clonmel, Ireland. You should have experience in the Oil & Gas processing and LNG industry, and Aramco FEED project experience will be advantageous. Your work schedule will be 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home. Our client is now recruiting for key positions to deliver large-scale, multi-discipline projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To provide specialist rotating equipment input to conceptual studies and detailed design for Oil & Gas project developments.
- Develop technical specifications for rotating equipment according to the project standards.
- Perform engineering design works for all the rotating equipment.
- Reviewing client’s technical requirements and specifications and incorporate them into project designs.
- Troubleshooting rotating equipment manufacturing issues and other plant problems.
- Investigate causes of equipment failure. Develop repair methods and design changes to improve equipment reliability.
- Planned and witnessed major rotating equipment inspections and overhauls based on equipment reliability.
- Develop preventative maintenance strategies.
- Develop Piping and Instrument Diagrams for the rotating equipment and highlight any discrepancies and take corrective action.
- Quality Assurance: responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit.
- Safety: responsible for personal safety and safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer - Rotating, you will have a high level of responsibility. You will need to work to tight deadlines and prioritize work to achieve them. Excellent written and oral English skills are essential, as are strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills. You will need strong technical, prioritization, and management skills, as well as good communication, influencing, and interface skills.
What Skills You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 to 15 years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Saudi Aramco project experience will be advantageous.
- Ability to work across multiple offices with project setup experience.
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities.
- Experienced in the specification for, evaluation of, and documentation of rotating equipment packages.
- Work is performed in accordance with broad technical guidelines.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Work-life balance.
- Hybrid working available.
- Weekly coffee mornings.
- Career path.
- Relocation assistance.
- Initial housing assistance.
- Social activities.
For a confidential discussion on this or any other current job opportunity please contact Sylvia Heldut on +353 21 235 9142 / sheldut at sigmar.ie