+353 86 440 51 45
€40,000 - 52,000
14 days ago
About Your New Employer
The company, operating across multiple locations in the Republic of Ireland and various sites throughout the UK and Europe, is a major player in the production of both fresh and cooked pork products. With approximately 13,500 employees spanning Canada and Europe, the company maintains an expansive presence.
- Providing technical assistance for plant facilities and services, encompassing packaging lines, compressed air, steam, refrigeration, and the effluent plant.
- Updating the preventative maintenance management system, including transactions in the stores and documentation of work performed.
- Ensuring timely procurement of all necessary parts as per requirements.
- Adhering to on-site and legislative rules and regulations related to health and safety, food safety, and the environment.
- Performing electro-mechanical repairs on food processing, handling, and packaging equipment.
- Taking responsibility for the completion of all planned maintenance routines, both during and outside normal working hours as necessary.
- Employing various resources, such as manuals, service contracts, and external contractors, to facilitate breakdown recovery.
- Managing and overseeing contractors, serving as the liaison person when necessary.
What Skills You Need
- Possess a relevant trade qualification as a mechanical fitter.
- Preferably, have experience in a high-volume food or beverage processing environment.
- Advantageous to have experience in mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrate aptitude for electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, and troubleshooting.
- Capable of working effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Open to cross-skilling and multi-skilling.
- Skilled in fault-finding and problem-solving; welding experience is desirable.
- Maintain a heightened awareness of health and safety practices.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Openness to new ideas and work practices, with an understanding of lean manufacturing principles and tools.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Proficient in computer use.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s on Offer
Hours of work:
6 – 2 and 2 – 10 x 5 days, Mon – Fri
- Salary 40-52k DOE
- Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Roksana Bandzarewicz at +353 (21) 235 9141