Dublin City Centre
€65,000 - 85,000
16 days ago
About Your New Employer:
Our client provides asset and liability management services to the Irish Government. It has evolved from a single function agency managing the National Debt to a manager of a complex portfolio of public assets and liabilities. They are seeking an experienced Investment Manager, to join their investment team in the Scaling Indigenous Business Team in their Dublin based office, reporting to the Senior Investment Director and on a full-time permanent contract.
About Your New Job:
- Exhibit best-in-class commercial analysis, as well as adherence to ISIF’s legal, risk, economic impact and ESG requirements.
- Deliver significant elements of new transactions as well as various portfolio management activities.
- Support negotiations with a wide range of third parties.
- Set scope of analysis, organising external advisors as required while project managing investments through the ISIF Investment process and working with all relevant stakeholders.
- Produce very high quality and impactful papers and presentations.
- Communicate with impact and clarity at senior levels to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to origination activities that identify appropriate transactions that can deliver commercial return and economic impact.
- Work efficiently and constructively with other Investment Analysts, Managers and Directors across the full range of the Fund’s investment activities.
- Contribute to on-going process improvement initiatives.
Maintain flexibility to adapt in recognition of the dynamic nature of ISIF’s activities. The Scaling Indigenous Businesses team is responsible for one of ISIF’s four core impact themes. It is a key part of the overall team that manages ISIF’s assets and drives our double bottom line impact. Its
portfolio of responsibility is wide and varied and the team’s performance, economic impact and risk characteristics make a significant contribution to those of the total ISIF portfolio.
The Scaling Indigenous Businesses team’s goal is to support the growth and scaling of Irish companies across all sectors and all stages of growth with appropriate funding options. It executes against this goal by:
- Making direct investments in ambitious companies with characteristics that will deliver both aspects of ISIF’s double bottom line mandate.
- Making commitments to fund platforms, including growth equity, private equity, and debt, that can similarly support the growth and scaling of Irish companies.
The capital invested by the Scaling Indigenous Businesses team is differentiated by its long investment horizon, the flexibility with which it can be structured, and its ability to fund larger transactions. Flexibility and adaptability are core tenets of team, noting the highly bespoke nature of many of its activities.
Who you are:
- Experience structuring and managing debt and equity investments, as well as familiarity with fund structures.
- Prior exposure to different sectors, with an ability to rapidly become knowledgeable in a particular sector.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, persuasion – and comfortable interacting with senior counterparties.
- Competent negotiator.
- Diligent, high attention to detail, self-motivated, a clear and independent thinker.
- A flexible team player.
- Personal characteristics of integrity, discipline, curiosity, and resilience.
- Have a third level degree in a relevant area – finance, accounting, economics, engineering, or equivalent. An advanced degree and/or professional qualification is also helpful.
- Demonstrate experience in corporate finance to include structuring equity, debt, and fund investments as well as other related areas.
- Have 6+ years of relevant experience.
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Karl O’Connell on 01-4744633 or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why Apply Through Sigmar
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website