6 days ago
Senior ICT Specialist
Our client is seeking applications for the position of Senior ICT Specialist at Higher Executive Officer level.
About your new employer
Sigmar is recruiting for an independent statutory body responsible for the regulation of the sea-fisheries and the seafood production sectors. Our client promotes compliance with the EU Common Fisheries Policy, sea-fisheries law and food safety law relating to fish and fish products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of the portfolio of operational and administrative information systems. Ensuring 24x7 support for mission critical systems and infrastructure.
- Support the development and delivery of ICT security strategies and the organisation’s response to data and cyber security threats in accordance with appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Experience with scripting/programming languages to support network/infrastructure/cloud service best practices and automation (i.e PowerShell, Python).
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Print & File Server
- Administration of Windows 10 Laptops and Toughbooks, MDM/MAM, IT Service Desk.
- Support legacy solutions and contribute to their migration to modern tooling and services, including public cloud.
- Proactively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, from DAFM/OGCIO ICT infrastructure, cyber security, and applications teams to wider operational staff to develop and maintain a technical environment that secure, highly available and fit for purpose.
- Assist in the setup and participate in working groups, workshops and other fora as required to advance the digital agenda and support the ongoing evolution of organisation’s digital services.
- Support the team’s activity by participating in procurement initiatives to source products and services required.
- Contribute ICT expertise to projects which have an IT component and provide technical input into procurement initiatives run by other teams.
- Actively assist in the management of vendors and contractors, ensuring that they adhere to the principles of the organisation, and carry out their tasks in a manner that is compatible with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
- Actively monitor the performance of vendors, value for money and advise the Executive Manager if corrective actions are required.
- Mentor and actively work to grow the skills and capability of any assigned EO grade staff on the ICT Team. Maximise the contribution any staff assigned, including contracting staff, fostering a positive and dynamic environment.
- Foster the expertise in the ICT Team by engaging in and promoting learning and development opportunities.
- Actively seek new knowledge in the technical domain and seek out an understanding of the business of the SFPA.
- Possess a qualification (minimum Level 7 NFQ) in a relevant area, with an ICT component and 4 years directly relevant ICT experience.
- Strong hands-on infrastructure technical skills and experience in an ICT environment
- Experience in management of network and virtual server infrastructures and associated technical teams.
- Experience of ICT service delivery and a commitment to customer service within an industry standard service delivery framework, e.g., ITIL.
- Administration of O365 environment (OneDrive, Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint Online), Intune/MDM/MAM, Windows 10 Autopilot.
- Experience in managing projects with a large number of stakeholders and complex interdependencies.
- Knowledge and experience of ICT security and Data Protection.
- Experience contributing to Business and Enterprise Architecture design projects.
- Experience of Quality and Test Management of applications and systems.
What’s on Offer?
- Starting Salary: €52, 897
- 29 annual leave days per annum
- Full Time Permanent position – Located in Clonakilty, Co. Cork.
- Hybrid working
- Excellent benefits
- For further information, please submit your CV to Kim Duggan at Sigmar Recruitment.
- Closing date is 12 noon, on the 13th of February 2023.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere