Head of Data Management
€74,000 - 93,000
10 days ago
Head of Data Management
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day-to-day development of reports and dashboards, data validation and analysis, and iteratively building towards a consolidated base of quality assured data to improve operational and strategic effectiveness.
About your new employer
Sigmar is recruiting for an independent statutory body responsible for the regulation of the sea-fisheries and the seafood production sectors. Our client promotes compliance with the EU Common Fisheries Policy, sea-fisheries law and food safety law relating to fish and fish products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have overall responsibility for the further development and implementation of the Authority’s data strategy that aligns with the goals and objectives of the Authority;
- Lead, manage, and motivate the Data Unit.
- Manage all aspects of the data lifecycle such as data processing, data analysis and dissemination, in line with best statistical practice and within specified time frames;
- Manage the organisations compliance with open data initiative whilst developing necessary statistical disclosure systems;
- With the support of the operations function, play a key role in enabling forward-looking risk based regulation by the Authority;
- With the support of the Project Office and the IT and Corporate Services teams ensure a coherent approach to data governance, security, management, and analysis, ensuring compliance with all appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Manage all relevant relationships, including those with other public bodies and external contractors on matters pertaining to data analysis and reporting;
- Represent the Authority as required at national and international level with all relevant external bodies.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- Minimum Level 8 primary degree (NFQ) (or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the SFPA) in a relevant discipline with a significant numerate component such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science/Data Analytics etc.
- 3 years relevant work experience in data management, data analysis, business analysis, financial analysis or similar.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive Pension scheme
- 30 annual leave days per annum
- Permanent position – Located in Cloankilty, Co. Cork.
- Hybrid working flexibility.
- For further information, please submit your CV to Shane Mullen in Sigmar Recruitment.
- Closing date is 12 noon, Thursday the 30th of March.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere