Dublin City Centre, Republic of Ireland
17 days ago
Early Resolution Officer | Permanent Part Time (0.6) | Dublin | Hybrid
Our client is seeking application for the position of Early Resolution Officer on a permanent part time (0.6) basis.
Our client is seeking dynamic, motivated persons with a strong belief in children’s rights to work with us in dealing with complaints made from or on behalf of children about public bodies, schools, voluntary hospitals and a number of other bodies in receipt of public funding.
About your new employer
Sigmar is recruiting for an independent statutory body that promotes the rights and welfare of children and examines and investigates complaints made by or on behalf of children in relation to the administrative actions of public organisations that have, or may have, adversely affected a child.
- To effectively manage a caseload of complaints, using a variety of strategies and ensuring a timely and relevant response to all complaints assigned.
- To provide guidance, advice and information to people that contact the office directly
- To ensure accurate data entry on all contacts/complaints to the Office on our electronic workflow system tools.
- To assess complaints to determine next steps with due regard our statutory remit and principles and child centred ethos.
- To conduct and make appropriate research and make focused inquiries in order to identify opportunities for potential resolution or to promote good administration.
- To communicate effectively with children, families and public bodies and all others that contact our office.
- To regularly ensure that timelines and deadlines are met in keeping with our key performance indicators and that all complaints are dealt with in a timely fashion without undue delay and are appropriately recorded and managed.
- Receive complaints and enquiries by mail, email, telephone or in person and obtaining all relevant information by asking clarifying questions, requesting documentation where appropriate and conducting appropriate follow-up where necessary.
- Engage effectively with all bodies within remit and ensure they fully understand our process and in accordance with policies, procedures and legislation.
- In relation to any cases assigned, conduct and make appropriate research and make focused inquiries in order to identify opportunities for potential resolution or to promote good administration. This includes researching applicable legislation, regulations, policies or procedures.
- A qualification of at least Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications from a recognized university or other third level institution in a relevant discipline
- A qualification of at least Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications from a recognised university or other third level institution in a relevant discipline along with a minimum of two years’ experience in providing intake, complaint handling and resolution services along with referral information in an Ombudsman or similar type organisation.
- Experience of direct work with children and families and or vulnerable groups.
- Experience and knowledge of child protection policies and procedures.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Starting Salary - €34,562 (Pro-rata)
- Permanent Part time (0.6) Contract
- Attractive Pension scheme
- 23 annual leave days per annum
- Blended Working
- For further information, please submit your CV to Shane Mullen in Sigmar Recruitment.
- Closing date is 12 noon on Friday the 1st of December 2023.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere