Dublin City Centre
14 days ago
About Your New Employer:
Our client is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments which helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Our client has more than 20,000 employees are based in 42 countries, and the firm operates in over 140 countries.
About Your New Job:
- This position partners with Boards and governance committees in Ireland, to act as a trusted advisor, and works closely with business, Legal, Risk and Compliance colleagues.
- You will be involved in interesting project work where your advice and guidance as Company Secretary will be highly valued by the leadership team.
- You will report to the Group Company Secretary and serve as a member of the Legal team.
- You will be responsible for supervising and developing the Assistant Company Secretary.
What you will do:
- Provide advice to Board directors, including the Chair, CEO and Non-Executive Directors of regulated companies on corporate governance matters and compliance with Irish company law and regulations.
- Support the corporate governance framework for our client including: the administration of all Board and Committee meetings, setting meeting dates and agendas, issuing meeting papers and taking of accurate minutes.
- Manage the administration of all our clients legal entities, both active and dormant, including: the formation, constitutional amendment and liquidation of legal entities; and the filing of all accounts, returns and formalities required by statute, law or regulation for each legal entity.
- Work with group functions on ad hoc projects including but not limited to: corporate restructuring projects and transactions; integration of acquisitions; and regulatory change projects.
Who You Are:
- Membership of the Chartered Governance Institute (or another Chartered Institute), or a qualified solicitor in Ireland (or an appropriate foreign jurisdiction equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years as an Assistant Company Secretary of a public listed company or 5 years as a Company Secretary of a complex regulated private company in either the financial services or professional services sectors.
- A good knowledge of company law and corporate governance.
- Strong organisational and communication skills with a track record of working effectively with stakeholders including Management and Non-Executive Directors
- Ability to draft clear and accurate meeting minutes and action logs.
- Experience with legal entity management databases.
- A proven track record of advising Board members and Management on issues of corporate governance and best practice.
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Rebecca O'Neill on 01-4744618 or e-mail me on Roneill@sigmar.ie
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why Apply Through Sigmar
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website