Dublin City Centre
€50,000 - 55,000
10 days ago
About Your New Employer:
Our Client is a leading insurer of Ireland’s public sector. As Irelands only indigenous mutual insurer, they exist to protect and safeguard the interests of their Members, consisting of all 31 Local Authorities, 16 Education and Training Boards, the HSE and Regional Assemblies.
About Your New Job:
The Commercial Underwriter is responsible for commercial underwriting within the Underwriting Department, with particular focus on the underwriting and account management of small to medium size property, liability, miscellaneous and commercial combined client accounts through both broker and direct clients. The role will also include exposure and involvement in certain strategic activities within the underwriting department
What You Will Do:
- Managing a designated portfolio of Member clients, ensuring service excellence, adopting a measured and pragmatic approach to inherent sensitivities regarding Member cases.
- Owning and being accountable for the underwriting decisions you make, including pricing and risk selection whilst ensuring you remain fully compliant with our clients Risk Appetite and your Underwriting Licence.
- Showing agility and guile in your decision making which positively supports delivery of our clients Underwriting strategies. This may include case specific risk/rate remediation, cover innovation or de-risking.
- Managing and taking ownership of the Broker-to-Broker online schemes, including the development and enhancement of relationships, continuous underwriting performance monitoring and the building of a competence in back-end system functionality and operational performance.
Who You Are:
- CIP qualification or equivalent with Membership to III.
- Relevant professional and /or 3rd level qualification.
- Prior experience within a Commercial Insurance position.
- Strong Insurance knowledge of Property, Liability and Combined Insurance products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems with effective and innovate solutions.
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Rebecca O'Neill on 01-4744618 or e-mail me on Roneill@sigmar.ie
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website