Dublin City Centre, Republic of Ireland
30 days ago
About Your New Role:
The Assistant Company Secretary is responsible for supporting the Company Secretary in providing proactive and effective Company Secretarial support to the Board of Directors and Board Sub-committees, with particular focus on Board Committee and AGM Support, Corporate Governance and managing key stakeholder relationship.
What You Will Do:
Board, Committee and AGM Support:
- Co-ordination and administration of key aspects of the Board and Board Sub-Committee meetings also in the co-ordination of various Board activities including onboarding, inductions, and retirements processes.
- Attending Board & Sub-Committee Meetings to transcribe accurate and comprehensive minutes, record resolutions & approvals.
- Monitoring developments in company law, regulation and corporate governance and engage and assist with in the undertaking of legal research and reviews.
- Drafting policies and processes that support the development of governance frameworks.
- Responsibility for ensuring the maintenance of statutory records falling within the remit of the Company Secretarial Function and for ensuring the timely submission of any statutory filings.
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders including Members, Nominees (Shareholders), Legal Advisors, Auditors, Regulators, and internal stakeholders.
- Progressing and facilitating requests associated with AML & KYC issues and Internal and External Audit reviews and facilitate the Annual Corporate Governance Review and Board Effectiveness Reviews.
Who You Are:
- An individual that has experience in working in a Legal and/or Company Secretariat function preferably in Financial Services.
- A dynamic and proactive individual who is passionate about taking on projects with enthusiasm and can demonstrate a strong sense of initiative.
- A highly organized individual who excels in managing tasks, resources, and information efficiently.
- Knowledge of Irish company law, corporate governance and familiar with the Companies Act 2014 and the Central Bank of Ireland’s Corporate Governance Requirements for Insurance Undertakings 2015.
- Third Level Qualification in Law or related field, preferably also including a company secretariat qualification.
Whats In It For You:
- An opportunity to develop professionally and make a meaningful impact to the company secretariat and wider department objectives.
- Experience job satisfaction by knowing that your work directly contributes to the success, integrity, and responsible growth of our organisation.
- You will play a pivotal role in upholding the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring legal compliance, and contribute to the safeguarding the reputation of our organisation.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Allowance for employees and dependents where applicable.
- Holidays – 24 days annual leave plus the option to purchase more.
- 10 public holidays plus 2 additional company days.
- Generous Pension Scheme.
- 3 Days Marriage Leave.
- Life assurance cover.
- Income Protection Insurance.
- + More
Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Rebecca O'Neill on 01-4744618 or e-mail me on Roneill@sigmar.ie
Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities, please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website