Dublin City Centre, Republic of Ireland
16 days ago
About Your New Employer
Founded in 1926, my client is the leading insurer of Ireland’s public sector and exist to protect and safeguard the interests of Members, consisting of all 31 Local Authorities, 16 Education and Training Boards, the HSE and Regional Assemblies.
About Your New Job
The Assistant Company Secretary is responsible for supporting the Company Secretary in providing proactive and effective Company Secretarial support to the Board of Directors and Board Sub-committees, with particular focus on Board Committee and AGM Support, Corporate Governance and managing key stakeholder relationships. The Assistant Company Secretary is a key member of the Company Secretariat, Legal and Sustainability team.
Board, Committee and AGM Support:
- Co-ordination and administration of key aspects of the Board and Board Sub-Committee meetings also in the co-ordination of various Board activities including onboarding, inductions, and retirements processes.
- Attending Board & Sub-Committee Meetings to transcribe accurate and comprehensive minutes, record resolutions & approvals.
- Supporting the hosting of General, Board and Committee Meetings processes - including corresponding with internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertaking appropriate post-meeting action to ensure implementation of decisions arising from meetings, and ensure appropriate forward plans are provided to management, maintain action point lists of matters arising from Meetings.
- Supporting in the development and maintenance of the Board Skills Framework.
- Supporting Board Succession Planning.
- Developing a close working relationship with Board Members, ensuring assistance and advice is available to Directors on any items as required.
- Monitoring developments in company law, regulation and corporate governance and engage and assist with in the undertaking of legal research and reviews.
- Drafting policies and processes that support the development of governance frameworks.
- Responsibility for ensuring the maintenance of statutory records falling within the remit of the Company Secretarial Function and for ensuring the timely submission of any statutory filings.
- Maintaining company secretarial databases and systems, Statutory Registers and CRO filings and register of Beneficial Ownership.
- Preparing of all internal and external periodic and ad hoc reports on company secretarial matters in accordance with Corporate Governance requirements.
- Maintaining and updating as required Company Secretarial Annual Processes and oversee the implementation of the Company Secretarial Annual Plan.
What Skills You Need
- An individual that has experience in working in a Legal and/or Company Secretariat function preferably in Financial Services.
- A dynamic and proactive individual who is passionate about taking on projects with enthusiasm and can demonstrate a strong sense of initiative.
- A highly organized individual who excels in managing tasks, resources, and information efficiently.
- Knowledge of Irish company law, corporate governance and familiar with the Companies Act 2014 and the Central Bank of Ireland’s Corporate Governance Requirements for Insurance Undertakings 2015.
- Third Level Qualification in Law or related field, preferably also including a company secretariat qualification.
- IT Skills and familiarity with Board Reporting Platforms.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Allowance for employees and dependents where applicable.
- Holidays – 24 days annual leave plus the option to purchase more.
- 10 public holidays plus 2 additional company days.
- Generous Pension Scheme.
- 3 Days Marriage Leave.
- Life assurance cover.
- Income Protection Insurance.
- Discounted Home and Car Insurance.
- Learning and Development Opportunities.
- Exam and Study Leave.