About your new employer :
A well established company with 80+ years experience in manufacturing high-quality timber products and is now the premier name in the Irish and UK timber processing industry are looking for mechanical fitter to join their operations in Cork.
About your new job :
- Completing plant and equipment fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance to enable the plant to operate safely and efficiently.
- First response for all mechanical breakdowns on-site.
- Complete process improvements, preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance.
- Carry out maintenance on a variety of equipment such as hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boilers and water systems, motor and gear boxes. also covering chain drives and chains transporting, log handles and fork-trucks.
- Manufacture or adapt spare parts to include Milling and turning Arc and TIG welding Cutting and burning.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and procedures at all times.
The skills and experience needed :
- Education in Mechanical Automation and Maintenance, Manufacturing, Toolmaking or similar. Consideration may be given to someone with heavy construction plant and/or mining qualifications.
- Additional training in safety related areas such as Safe Pass, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, etc.
- 5 years’ experience post qualification in a similar role, possibly as a maintenance fitter.
- Heavy industry experience and used to working indoors and outdoors year round.
What's on offer :
- Salary - €20 per hour.
- Full time perm role.
If you are interested in this job please apply here or contact Scott Byrne - 086 7718430 or 021 2359143.
If this job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV.
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search.
- You will gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.