Executive Manager - ICT
Our client is seeking to appoint an Executive Manager- ICT, to manage and supervise the organisation's IT function which includes overseeing a team of IT professionals and ensuring all technology systems and applications operate efficiently, reliably and in line with Government policy.
About your new employer
Sigmar is recruiting for an independent statutory body responsible for the regulation of the sea-fisheries and the seafood production sectors. Our client promotes compliance with the EU Common Fisheries Policy, sea-fisheries law and food safety law relating to fish and fish products.
Key Responsibilties - Technical
- Overall responsibility for the maintenance, support and enhancement of the portfolio of operational and administrative information systems.
- Ensuring 24x7 support for mission critical systems and infrastructure.
- Lead the development and delivery of ICT security strategies and effectively manage the organisation’s response to data and cyber security threats in accordance with appropriate regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Overseeing and continuously improving the delivery of ICT support services to ensure service levels for all operational and administrative information systems are met and where possible exceeded.
- Managing the development and implementation of new ICT systems.
- Lead the IT unit, promote teamwork and develop the capability of the team through mentoring, coaching and individual development plans to maximise performance.
- Development and delivery of ICT unit annual business plan.
- Ensuring that financial responsibilities are managed to a high standard, including the efficient and effective management of budgets.
- Ensuring procurement of ICT hardware and software is compliant
- Formulating ICT policies, procedures, and performance management processes to maximise the availability of all ICT systems and to measure and improve service delivery processes based on ITIL or similar framework.
- Possess a qualification (minimum Level 7 NFQ) in a relevant area, with an ICT component and 5 years directly relevant ICT experience.
- Have proven experience in ICT infrastructural planning and development and/or experience in developing enterprise level applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of large-scale ICT programmes in complex environments.
- Full drivers’ licence and access to a private vehicle.
What’s on Offer?
- Starting Salary: €70,339 per annum with annual increments
- Attractive Pension scheme
- 30 annual leave days per annum
- Full Time Permanent position – Located in Clonaklity, Co. Cork.
- For further information, please submit your CV to Shane Mullen in Sigmar Recruitment.
- Closing date is 12 noon, on the 14th of Ocotber 2022.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.