About Your New Employer
Our client is a leading global organisation offering investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers:
- Operating for over 50 years
- In more than 25 locations around the world
- With $783.6 billion in total assets and clients including central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, and private individuals
About Your New Job
This is an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel on the Product Legal team - providing support in relation to all aspects of the company’s fund range and investment products. For the most part, these fund ranges are domiciled in Luxembourg, the UK and Ireland. The team also provides legal advice to senior management on any legal matters or developments which may affect their business
- Support product development functions as they relate to products (i.e. UCITS and AIFs) and the registration of the funds abroad
- Experience advising on legal and regulatory issues relating to the structuring, establishment and operation of UCITs and AIFs in Ireland.
- Provide ongoing legal services, draft and negotiate agreements, provide solutions to various legal queries, help to improve internal procedures in relation to products.
- Provide legal advice on any product legal matters or developments which may affect their businesses and on group strategic projects (such as fund reshapes).
- Review new laws and regulations and assess the impact on the relevant products and business units, advise on legal and regulatory environment and liaise with external counsel and/or regulators.
- Represent the company in external meetings and fund associations.
- Act as a key liaison with other legal teams, company secretariat, compliance, risk and internal audit functions within the group, working with these areas to ensure a joined-up and co-operative approach.
- Ensure consistency of processes and standards on fund launches, corporate actions (mergers, closures, objective changes, etc.) and registration with regulators.
- Maintain or organise the maintenance of a know how data base with useful precedents and legal opinions.
- Help to improve internal procedures and operational processes in relation to product delivery.
What Skills You Need
- Law degree with experience in fund/investment related environments, working in an often unsupervised position.
- A thorough knowledge of fund structures and the European investment management industry and legislation (UCITS, AIFMD, etc.) is very important.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can demonstrate confidence and tact when dealing with key stakeholders, board members and senior management.
- Commercial acumen.
- Project management and strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong delivery focus
- Fluent in English. Any other language skills would be an advantage.
- Pro-active team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What’s on Offer
- Fantastic opportunity for you to develop quickly and progress your career within the wider organisation
- Exposure to working with senior stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to work with high performing teams.
- Excellent base salary
- Hybid working model
- Apply now by clicking the “Apply Now" button or call me, Ellie Gavin on +353 1 4744645
- Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.