About your new employer
A family-owned Building & Civil Engineering company with extensive experience are looking for a Junior Purchasing Assistant.
The suitable candidate will be assisting and reporting to the Purchasing Manager on a day-to-day basis. You will assist in the execution of all buying, sourcing materials, suppliers, and plant management.
About your new job
- Assisting the purchasing manager in the day-to-day sourcing of new materials / hiring misc. plant / tools in line with current company operating procedures
- Maintain the Approved Supplier List / Internal Plant registers, in conjunction with Purchasing Manager
- Liaise with site staff and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements
- Assist the purchasing manager in setting up enquiries, quotation analysis
- Checking queried invoices for accuracy against purchase orders
- Documentation control within the department
- Assist accounts department in the processing of invoices
- Develop strong relationships across the company, working collaboratively with sites to ensure on time material deliveries
- Be flexible to participate in other duties as required by the department
What skill/experience you need
- Be ambitious & enthusiastic
- Have good communication skills – written & verbal.
- Have some knowledge of construction materials
- Knowledge in Microsoft excel, word and outlook
What’s on offer
- Full time Perm role (Mon-Friday).
- Salary DOE 25k.
- Apply now by clicking “Apply Now” or contact me at 021 484 7139.
- Or if the job isn’t quite right but you are looking for something similar, please get in touch.
Why apply through sigmar
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV.
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search.
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.