My client currently have a requirement for a qualified accountant with a strong financial services background, you will be a qualified accountant with a strong project and month end background along with experience in managing a team
About Your New Employer
- Leading Global Brand
- Hybrid model for working week
- Strong career progression
About Your New Job
The candidate will be reporting directly to the directors and partners in the business unit .
· The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends which affect this sector.
· The candidate should be experienced in delivering projects regarding the achievement of operational excellence, transition management and remediation.
· Providing input into the design and implementation of the business unit strategy;
· Working with senior team members to determine the products and services to be delivered;
· Helping to identify target market, a specific list of target entities and a go to market plan;
· Improving the financial statement close process through reduction in timelines, or increasing the robustness or quality of the output;
· Introducing new or improved management information through the use of new BI tools or the introduction and monitoring of appropriate KPI's.
What skills you need
- A qualified accountant with a strong financial services background and have managed finance teams
· This is also a technical role and a deep understanding of the financial reporting and finance functions within various financial services sectors would be expected.
· Strong experience in financial reporting and financial accounting in asset management, insurance and/or banking;
· Experience in related ERPs, automated financial reporting tools and other software solutions for the finance function;
· Experience in a variety of funds types / structures such as mutual funds, UCITs, ICAVs, Private equity, REITs, SPVs an advantage;
· Involvement in process optimisation and process automation projects an advantage;
· Proficient accountant, with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS.
What’s on Offer
- Salary 75-85k with a strong benefits package
- Get on touch with Laura in Sigmar accountancy – firstname.lastname@example.org, 0860121211 to discuss this role in more detail – I can also discuss other roles i am currently working on
- Ill help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- i will also provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.