About Your New Employer
- Offers customers genomic services for Bovine, Equine and other breeds.
- Today one of Europe's premier facilities, the DNA Laboratory in Ireland has been involved in animal parentage testing since 1985.
About Your New Job
The Laboratory Scientist will be part of the Laboratory Operations Team, focusing on
supporting testing such as DNA isolation, Biobanking, Genotyping and Real-time PCR
technologies and platforms. The position will support all aspects of laboratory operations
and will collaborate with cross functional teams (internal and external) to generate the
highest quality genotype data and ensure that all activities are conducted to the highest
standard. This position will report directly to the Laboratory Manger.
- Support all activities related to DNA isolation, biobanking, genotyping and real-time PCR platforms and any other test activity maintained by the lab.
- Perform routine and specialist analytical testing on a range of biological samples.
- Analyze data and interpret results.
- Assist the sample receipt team with the accessioning of samples if required
- Process samples and complete test methods in the necessary timeframe to ensure
that required turnaround times for reporting results are achieved.
- Independently identify and report non-confirming work to the line supervisor and
support the necessary RCA and close out of incidents/CAPAS when required.
- Support and assist in the validation of all new tests methods.
- Assist in the maintenance of lab equipment and inventory levels for laboratory
- Communicate with clients to review and evaluate data if required.
- Accurately record data, write reports and share results.
- Support the lab's quality management system by ensuring that working practice is
in line with ISO17025 standards and/or other relevant accreditations.
- Observe all relevant health and safety regulations.
- Assist in the supervision and mentoring of trainee scientists and other support
staff when required.
- Take responsibility for your continuing professional development (CPD) by actively
reviewing and participating in different projects for Continuing Professional Development, to be agreed by line manager.
- Participate in annual performance and development appraisals and agree on
personal targets and objectives with line manager.
- If you’re interested in hearing more, apply now by clicking the “Apply Now” button or call me, Niall Crosbie on + 353 896046664
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.