About Your New Employer
Irish Lights operates 65 lighthouses, 141 buoys and 22 beacons around the coast of Ireland. Some of our lighthouse stations are over 200 years old, but with new communication and navigation equipment as well as powerful LED lights they continue to provide a vital service to mariners and increasingly also to local tourism, heritage, and environmental protection programmes.
They are in exceptionally beautiful and challenging locations. Making sure these assets are safe to access and use and maintained and powered sustainably into the future, is the responsibility of the Coastal Operations and Property Manager.
Are you up for the challenge?
About Your New Job
- As Coastal Operations and Property Manager, you will lead and develop a strategic approach to Irish Lights property and AtoN asset management.
- Manage a team of over 20 employees, including managers, team leads, technicians and general workers.
- Obtain relevant planning and environmental consents for capital and maintenance works.
- Liaise with external and internal bodies for relevant projects and compliance measures while fostering strong stakeholder relationships.
- Oversee capital projects’ timelines and budgets.
- Provide input to relevant international authorities/committees such as the International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) and the General Lighthouse Authorities of the UK and Ireland (GLA).
What Skills You Need
- For this Operations & Property Manager job, you will have at least 10 years’ relevant engineering experience, with at least 7 in a team and organisational leadership role.
- Previous experience working in a marine environment or with coastal assets, ideally in a civil engineering .
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to foster collaboration and a cohesive team environment.
What’s on Offer
- Opportunity to manage a dynamic and vital operation, as well as leading the coastal operations team into the future.
- Strong remuneration package as well as a highly competitive pension scheme.
- If you’re interested in hearing more about this job, apply through the “Apply Now” button or call me, Jasper Wiley on + 353 1 474 4623.
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills, and tidy up your CV.
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search.
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.