My client within the Public Sector have a requirement for an experienced qualified accountant with strong Audit experience from public sector or a Top 10 accounting firm
- Engage in the company business planning processes and ensure the key deliverables are captured appropriately and reflected in the operational plans/Programme delivery agreements.
- Ensuring delivery of all targets/KPI’s in the operational plans and reporting on same in a timely manner
- Engage in the annual budgeting processes and work force planning
- Risk assess, prioritise, plan, assign and manage the audits/including risk audits/ joint compliance/verification visits to conclusion.
- Ensure all internal processes i.e. schedules/reports are updated appropriately.
- Provide oversight of the planned programme of work and ensuring appropriate solutions are put in place in a timely manner in relation to any issues arising to mitigate any risks identified.
- Conduct quality assurance checks as appropriate to ensure accuracy and consistency of approach in relation to all verification/audit reports.
- Provide oversight and monitor the internal reporting structures in place including debtor management
- Ensure the correct escalation measures are applied and reported as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Qualified Accountant with a strong audit background – 3 years or more within a senior role
- Experience in managing an audit team
- Coming from a similar role within the public sector or from a Top 10 practice
To apply send an updated version of your cv to Laura in Sigmar Accountancy – email@example.com, 0860121211
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.