IP Network Engineer / Dublin South (hybrid options) / €65,000 / Permanent / Full-time
About Your New Employer
- leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland
- multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone
- provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector.
About Your New Job
- You will be working with the Core Network Engineering team, focusing primarily on IP technologies
- You will design, build, and maintain operational support activities
- You will lead network architectures to support network availability, growth and service restoration on the company's IP network.
- You will serve as a main point of contact on two or more of the following technologies: MPLS, DTV/Multicast, Voice (SIP/RTP), QoS, Layer 3 Routing, BGP Peering, Carrier Ethernet.
- You will develop first-of-type bespoke services within the lab environment and develop scripting and templates to allow Engineering teams to implement these services in bulk.
- You will perform build, configuration and integration testing with internal and external partners (DTV, Voice, DOCSIS, B2B, OLO) as required.
- You will carry out software/hardware upgrades & migrations on the core network within maintenance window
- You will act as Tier 3 point of contact for all complex faults on the Core and Access IP networks and supported services.
- You will own all intensified issues and apply experienced technical expertise to bring issues to resolution within SLA.
- You will mentor junior engineering staff, including development of internal training courses and associated documentation
- You will configure and support core network elements (P / PE / CMTS / routers / aggregation switches)
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years' experience as a Network Engineer with a major Telco
- Hold CCNP R&S or higher
- Hands-on ex[erience with Juniper MC series platforms
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience with multi-vendor equipment (Cisco, Juniper, Ciena)
- Full clean driving license
- Experience in scripting
What's on Offer
- Base salary of up to €55,000
- Hybrid working scheme
- Generous benefits
- Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button, or contact Louise - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01 4744622
- Or, if this role isn't quite right for you but you are looking for something similar, get in touch and we can help you with your search!
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.