Our client is seeking to recruit an Early Resolution Officer (Caseworker) at Executive Officer level to join their complaints and investigations team to receive complaints from members of the public and undertake examinations. This refers to the examination of complaints against public bodies, schools, voluntary hospitals and a number of other bodies in receipt of public funding made by or on behalf of children.
• A key duty of this role on the team will be to receive complaints and enquiries by mail, email, telephone or in person and obtaining all relevant information by asking clarifying questions, requesting documentation where appropriate and conducting appropriate follow-up where necessary.
• To provide guidance, advice and information to people that contact the office directly
• To research applicable legislation, regulations, policies or procedures and applying relevant portions to the issues identified in order to attempt early resolution and or to undertake examinations of complaints and or to escalate the matter for further investigation
• To employ effective strategies to obtain relevant information from persons who may be distressed or emotionally distraught or who face other challenges.
• To engage with children to seek their views of on any complaint made by them or on their behalf.
• To assess complaints to determine whether issues can be dealt with using an issue-based analysis and clearly and effectively communicating the rationale for this assessment verbally and in writing where required.
• To conduct and make appropriate research and make focused inquiries in order to identify opportunities for potential resolution or to promote good administration.
• To communicate effectively with complainants and public bodies
• To effectively manage a caseload of complaints, using a variety of strategies and ensuring a timely and relevant response to all complaints assigned.
• To regularly ensure that timelines and deadlines are met and that all complaints are dealt with in a timely fashion without undue delay and are appropriately recorded and managed.
• A qualification of at least level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications from a recognised university or other third level institution in a relevant discipline.
• At least two years relevant experience in the field of complaints and/or conflict resolution
How to Apply
For further information, please submit your CV to Shane in Sigmar Recruitement. The closing date is 12 noon on Friday the 1st October 2021.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.