IT Manager / Galway / €65,000 / Permanent / Full-time
About Your New Employer
- They provide assistance to over 100 million people around the world
- They were founded in 1989 and now have 33 offices
- They have won multiple awards for Best Assistance & Insurance Company
About Your New Job
- You will be managing the day to day operations of IT systems
- You will ensure local server and network technology is fully maintained and in line with agreed strategy & policies
- You will manage, coach, and support staff, to help maximise their potential
- You will establish development & skills plans to continually improve performance & lead the team to achieve the stated goals
- You will be working closeley with the Project Management Office and/or local Project Management personnel to manage the overall project schedule, prioritization and dependencies of the IT function & architecture
- You will conduct regular 1:1’s with direct reports and formal performance appraisals to review performance objectives, formulating any required individual training & development plans.
- You will be part of the annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting process
- You will strictly adhere to all local, nationally and relevant jurisdictional regulation & compliance.
What Skills You Need
- Minimum 5 years in IT & Service Management/Delivery
- People management experience
- Experience working within an ITIL environment
- Excellent knowledge of incident, problem and change management
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Office, Windows Server, Windows OS, SQL Server and Office 365
- Experience with virtualisation tools, including VMware.
- Solid networking skills covering LAN/WAN, VLAN and Wi-Fi
- Experience in Managing Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) i.e. server, storage, OS & data protection & being accountable for delivery.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
- Attractive range of benefits
- Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button
- Contact Louise - email@example.com / 01 4744622
Why Apply Through Sigmar?
- We’ll help manage your job hunt, strengthen your interview skills and tidy up your CV
- We’ll provide you with an overview of the jobs market within your industry and help you tailor your jobs search
- Gain access to exclusive roles that are not advertised elsewhere
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.