Plant Engineering Associate Director
Lead the site plant engineering function including maintenance, calibrations and associated support areas. This will encompass the manufacturing and enabling areas. A key element of the role will be to deliver a safety and compliant start up and when in sustaining, consistent execution and measurable improvements in asset reliability to support the customers Supply, Cost, Quality & Safety goals.
Manage during start up the data build and calibrations programme and once in operation, the execution of calibration activities across site. Leads the consistent application of maintenance systems site wide.
The primary responsibilities of the role will include items below and others as required in the start-up and ramp of a state of the art Biologics facility.
- You will provide leadership while being accountable and overseeing the complete data build for the site.
- Ensure an effective Maximo (site CMMS) migration and implementation.
- Develops continuous improvement programs that increase the performance and reliability of plant & production equipment.
- Leads the implementation of the data driven maintenance and calibrations programme across the site.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring, trending and reporting all equipment and systems Performance.
- Drives the consistent application of maintenance systems, standards and best practice across the various production and support areas.
- Provide specialized technical support to the production and support areas.
- Responsible for the site MRO Engineering Stores – databuild, stocking levels, optimisation of area performance against safety, cost and operational metrics as well as owner of the business process/contracts for operation of the MRO.
- Business owner for Maximo (site CMMS) and site Documentation, including drawing, systems and programmes.
- Champion the deployment and use of Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement structures and tools across the Engineering team.
- The Plant Engineering Associate Director will lead a team of engineers and specialist functions and support coaching and development on a continuous basis.
- Lead engagement of staff in a dynamic business environment.
- Facilitate and support staff and organization talent development
- Leverage and reinforce utilization of Quality/HR tools and resources
- Drives performance against objectives set as part of a collaborative and dynamic Engineering Team
- Degree in Engineering, Science or related degree
- Strong level of engineering management experience with sterile / biotech equipment within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Experience managing and reporting budgets is important
- Knowledge of multiple CMMS structures, MAXIMO experience would be an advantage and demonstrated experience leading implementation of a CMMS project would be beneficial.
- Excellent project management skills
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career with a world leading Biologics company, this could be the role for you.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.