Sigmar are currently working on a retained basis with a leading Financial Services client in their search for a Head of Risk and Compliance. This is an exceptional opportunity for the incumbent of the role to help drive the Irish business forward in their next stage of growth following excellent performance for the past year, whilst working closely with the parent company to achieve group objectives.
Sat within the senior leadership team the Head of Risk and compliance will fulfil the PCF-15 role for the company whilst reporting into the board. As the head of Risk and compliance you will be responsible for the development and oversight of the appropriate Risk Management Frameworks.
- Keeping the board up to date with any regulatory changes that may affect the company and offering sound advice where needed.
- Be accountable for Regulatory and Risk Management frameworks, whilst managing Operational Risk resilience and ensure a contingency plan is in place.
- Train and upskill colleagues to ensure they are aware of regulatory changes and they are adhering to CBI requirements.
- Ensure the company is compliant with all AML and Financial Crime activity.
- produce internal policies to ensure the company is working in a compliant manner and respond to any Regulatory queries.
- Manage the Data Governance and Security processes.
- Work with senior management to establish a Prudential Risk Management framework and ensure this is fully embedded.
- Ensure the companies polices and standards are adhered to adhered to and are operating within regulations set out by the regulators.
Skills and experience:
- Working at a mid to senior level within a Risk and Compliance role within Consumer credit or a similar Financial Services organisation.
- Prior exposure to managing the relationship with the CBI.
- Experience of writing policies, Regulatory Responses, Compliant handling , Conduct Risk, Operational Risk, SEAR, Digital Conduct and Remediation programmes
- Possess the gravitas to communicate effectively with Senior Management and Board level stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of the wider existing regulatory landscape and being abreast of any new regulatory developments that may affect the business in the future.
- A pro active leader that is able to drive positive change and implement new policies via effective communication.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.