My client within the insurance industry have a requirement for a qualified accountant with a strong financial services or insurance background. Within this role you will be a key member of the financial control team in the group.
The role offers exposure to a wide variety of finance related tasks, outside of the traditional financial close process, including risk and control oversight, process and systems development, and project and strategy support
- Ensuring compliance with Operational Risk Operating Standards and Guidelines including reporting on Key Risk Indicators, participating in identifying and assessing operational risks across finance, risk scenario analysis and policy attestation.
- Providing support for Internal Controls
- Seeking improvements and efficiencies in accounting processes, controls and systems, and participating in various projects within the Group Finance
- Coordinating the quarterly close timetable for financial and regulatory reporting including tracking of deliverables.
- Assisting in the maintenance and testing of Group Finance Business Contingency Plans.
- Developing working relationships with divisional accounting and actuarial teams and other group functions such as Risk, Compliance and IT.
- Assisting and supporting the wider Group Finance teams
- Reporting internally on compliance with relevant legislation and regulation.
- a qualified accountant with post qualification experience in a financial services environment.
- Proven experience in a risk and controls role would be advantageous
- Experience of process improvement and system developments is desirable.
- Experience of finance systems e.g. SAP would be advantageous.
For more information send an updated version of your cv to Laura in Sigmar Accountancy – firstname.lastname@example.org, 0860121211
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.