Fáilte Ireland is seeking to recruit for the position of a Festivals Officer.
The role will report to the Festivals and Events Manager and shall be based in Fáilte Ireland, 88-95 Amiens Street, Dublin 1. However, in line with current Government guidance, it is likely that the successful candidate will commence in this role while working from home. Please note that outside of the emergency measures currently in place by the Government, Fáilte Ireland’s standard policy concerning work location is that it is based at its administrative offices and Tourist Information Centres.
Job Title: Officer, Festivals Job Ref: HR/ES/22
Location: Dublin Business Unit: Festivals
Salary: €48,585 - €69,498*
*The successful candidate will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government pay policy. Reporting to: Festivals and Events Manager
To continue to support the development of Brilliant Visitor Experiences in Ireland by creating and promoting a selection of world class festivals that support the social and economic contribution of tourism to Ireland.
To roll out the implementation of a Tourism Recovery Plan for Festivals & Events 2022/2025 that will help support the sector through the crisis, reboot the Industry and related tourism businesses, ultimately driving demand and growth into the future.
Primary Objectives/Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing the Festivals and Events Strategy, with focus on delivering key Fáilte Ireland owned and co–created festivals and events
- Work with key stakeholders to curate and create strong, fresh and innovative festival programmes for Fáilte Ireland owned and co-created festivals
- Work with key stakeholders including local authorities to deliver a strong suite of festivals that deliver local, domestic, and international visitors to that area
- Undertake International bench marking (desk research )across the festivals landscape and for interpreting research, insights, and consumer behaviour
- Support KPI’s for all Fáilte Ireland funded festivals
- Undertake post-event evaluations and incorporate strategic thinking/learnings to future activity
- Be able to make recommendations on Industry Activation & Capability Supports and the Festival sustainability
- Work closely and build good working relationships with key stakeholders including local authorities on a number of large-scale projects; this will involve the organising, managing and delivery of festivals of international scale
- Work closely with other Divisions within Fáilte Ireland in the undertaking of this role as appropriate, e.g. Communications to ensure that processes and communications with festivals are clear and effective. Constantly working to ensure consistency of approach and maximum effectiveness
- Work with Enterprise supports and implement business supports programme provided to Festival Organisers
- Working with the Marketing Team, develop a suite of assets that can be used for international marketing (including social media)
- Prepare documentation for meetings of the Management Advisory Committee (MAC), the Festivals sub-Authority Committee and the Fáilte Ireland Authority
- Respond to information requests from the industry, their representative bodies, government departments, local authorities, and the public
- Record, produce and distribute minutes of meetings
- Budget management for small and large projects
- Implement and manage Project Management tools and provide regular financial and operational reports
- Assist in the compilation of Divisional annual report ensuring accuracy of information and consistency of reporting
Carry out all other duties as required and participate as a full member of the Festivals Team by supporting different work projects, as required, from time to time.
This role may require travel (including unsocial hours), with attendance at a significant number of national and regional events throughout each year.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and criteria:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in project managing large-scale festivals or events, this experience must include managing sponsorship contracts. They must have excellent organisational experience and creative skills in addition to commercial acumen. We are looking for an individual that has strong interpersonal skills and has an ability to build strong external and internal networks.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must have / demonstrate in your application form the following:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in project managing large-scale festivals or events, this experience must include managing sponsorship contracts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience working cross functionally with other teams and stakeholders
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Proven track record of delivering innovative and creative projects
- Expertise in tourism development
- Experience working with the domestic and International Festival Landscape
- Third level qualification in Event Management, Tourism Management, International Marketing or Project Management (minimum level 7 under the QQI Framework) is essential
- A minimum of three years’ senior experience in an event management role
- Relationship Management
- Problem solving / Analytical skills
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
If interested, please send a CV to email@example.com. You will be sent an application form to complete as part of the process.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.