Senior Quality Engineer
13,000 life-saving products • 30 million patients treated each year • 32,000 employees worldwide
Boston Scientific in Galway works collaboratively to solve healthcare’s toughest problems by developing solutions that matter most to those suffering from debilitating and life-threatening conditions and to the healthcare professionals who provide their care.
I'm seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join their expanding site where you will be a part of one of the world's best medical device companies.
You will demonstrate commitment to the Quality Policy through your daily execution of sound quality practices and the maintenance of an effective quality system and complying with regulations governing the quality system.
Within this role you will:
- Select appropriate techniques for problem solving and make solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Have the responsibility and authority to make decisions related to product quality including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Participate in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under your control.
- Demonstrate and actively promote highest level of professional QA Engineering discipline and rigor.
- Be a leader in QSR, ISO / MDD standards within your group, be constantly aware of best industry practices.
- Have significant expertise in validation engineering and be familiar with all regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve operational, test and validation data to establish technical specifications and performance standards for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Champion continuous improvement and innovation from a quality perspective within the department from vendor selection through to customer awareness/satisfaction.
- Be an effective team member, be fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and LRP Objectives.
- Work with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of Boston Scientific operations and help to establish goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Deals with suppliers, other engineering disciplines within and outside of Site and customers should the need arise.
- Provide technical guidance to Quality Engineer, Associate Quality Engineers, technicians and inspection staff.
- Build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
What I would like from you:
- A Level 8 Degree (240 Credits) or equivalent in an Engineering or Science related discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience, ideally within the Medical Device industry or another highly regulated environment.
- A thorough working knowledge of Risk Management and Validation techniques.
- Experienced in the application of Six Sigma techniques.
- People management experience desirable.
- Familiar with internal auditing process.
What we can offer you:
- A Career with Meaningful Purpose – opportunity to transform the lives of patients worldwide
- Our Culture - our work is guided by core values that define our culture and empower our employees.
- Career Development – our highly engaged leaders will empower you to grow and will invest in your potential. You can also broaden your skills through personal development courses.
- Opportunity to Innovate – we encourage you to fulfil your true creative potential by speaking up with your ideas and solutions to problems that matter.
- Work-Life Balance – we have created a culture that acknowledges, respects and supports your life and work choices.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – we are dedicated to progressing business practices in areas important to our communities. Our onsite charity events have raised over €1.5 million for worthy causes in the past ten years.
- 10% bonus.
- Healthcare insurance for you and family (if applicable.)
- Pension contribution scheme of up to 8%.
- Paid maternity leave.
- Stock ownership scheme.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.