Looking for an experienced Claims Manager to work for a leading Insurance company in Galway. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and leading a busy claims team.
- Develop strategies and initiatives for motivating and engaging the claims teams to provide a best-in-class service to our customers
- Deliver on individual goals and objectives linked to the department and company strategy
- Provide management oversight & direction to the claims teams on fair adjudication of claims across all business lines
- Provide the Executive Committee with regular reports and analytics on the performance in the claims function
- Lead the process of claims team resource and shift planning, continuously refining and fine-tuning to ensure we consistently meet fluctuations in demand
- Provide leadership to the team on recruitment, selection, onboarding & induction training of new recruits to the team
- Ensure all complaints are handled fairly, efficiently and in line with regulatory requirements and take ownership of the resolution of escalated, complex or contentious issues or complaints
- Work with the claims team managers to analyze complaints, errors and team performance to identify trends or address shortfalls in service delivery and take corrective action
- Lead the implementation of governance and oversight processes within the claims function.
- At least four years experience in a direct head of/department manager role within an insurance claims department
- Demonstrated record of leading teams to consistently exceed targets in quality claims handling metrics
- Strong working knowledge of insurance regulation is a critical requirement of this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ethical approach, integrity, and the highest standard of professionalism
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; in particular MS Excel (intermediate / advanced), Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Analysis and reporting capability; experience in analyzing data, summarizing claims and operational performance and reporting to management or executive committees
- Experience delivering presentations to groups an advantage
- CIP qualification (or equivalent) is a minimum requirement of this role
- Other relevant insurance, compliance, project management or process improvement qualifications a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this claims manager role, please send your resume to email@example.com or call me on 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.