Our clienta manufacturing and distribution company based in Monaghan is hiring a Part Qualified Accountant.
Reporting into the Head of Finance in the Monaghan office, the main function of the Financial Accountant is to assist in meeting all reporting deadlines and ensure that finance integrates into day to day operations of the business.
This role would suit someone who is looking for a broad and challenging accounting role in an SME environment and is immediately available.
• Preparation of Financial statements, reporting pack and commentaries for 5 companies in Ireland & UK (monthly / quarterly / annual)
• Bank, intercompany & balance sheet reconciliations
• Responsible for VAT, PAYE, CSO & statutory returns
• Oversight of GL Accruals, prepayments etc.
• Maintenance of Fixed Assets register. • Liaising with external stakeholders as required (banks, auditors etc).
• Oversee Customs Processes
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets and internal audits
• Assist with continuous improvement projects
• Act as back up support for Banking and Payroll • Ad-hoc duties Person Specification
• Part Qual / Qualified Accountant Min 3 years experience
• Experience in working in a multi-currency, multi-company / location environment
• Team player, capable of working under own initiative and to tight deadlines
• Strong communication & people skills • Numerical, with an analytical and attention to detail mindset
• Exposure to customs processes
• SME and / or distribution experience desirable
• Strong excel & accounts packages experience required
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.