Job Title: Supplier Engineer II
Contract type: Contract
As the Supplier Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of supplier selection, process, and material changes. You will work with the Materials Supplier Engineering team. You will be responsible for cost reductions and resolution of non-conformances within the Supply Chain.
- Assisting the Procurement team with sourcing new suppliers.
- Promoting the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Technical member of a team with Purchasing, Supplier Quality and Business Units responsible for all Supplier Management.
- Adequate corrective actions are implemented and controlled by suppliers.
- Leading and supporting Leads Material Value Improvement Projects (VIP’s).
- Support with continuous improvements of Quality/Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total cost of Ownership throughout supply chain.
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Working alongside Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering receiving business units and ensure they meet requirements.
- Ad hoc duties may arise.
- Minimum of a Level 8 degree required.
- 3+ years’ experience in similar job.
- Experience with 3rd Party Material Qualification (First Article), Risk Documentation Analysis (DFMEA) and specification interpretation.
- Competent in statistical analysis.
- MSA/Gauge R&R experience required.
- Proven stakeholder management.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt is desired.
- Material/Supplier Engineering/Supplier Quality experience desired.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please reach out to me on
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without your prior consent.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.