I'm seeking an experienced EHS Specialist to join an excellent company in Galway for a permanent job. This company offers excellent development paths and great opportunities. You will contribute to developing EHS programmes and management systems to make EHS an integral part of site operations.
- Support the implementation and improvement of the EHS Management System namely ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and IPC Licence.
- Contributes to the development the site’s Safety Statement to include hazard identification, hazard risk assessment, and hazard control programmes and participates in their implementation.
- Works with Supervisors, Trainers and Technicians to identify and control significant environmental, health and safety impacts of operations.
- Takes a central role in working with internal committees and training efforts.
- Ensures that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in and prepares for EHS inspections by external agencies, and all system audits.
- Investigates, prepares, communicates and manages reports on injuries, ll-health, and corrective actions as required.
- Supports and contributes to the site’s life safety programmes to include emergency response.
- Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
- Level 8 honours degree in a relevant discipline
- 2 years+ of EHS experience and/or educational background.
- He/she is knowledgeable of legislative requirements, and systems needed to implement sound EHS practice.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
For more information, please contact Emma on 091 455 307.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.