Our client a pharmacy group in South Dublin is recruiting an Accounts Payable Manager on a 12 month specified purpose contract to work in their Support Office.
Main Duties and Objectives: • Oversee the accurate and timely processing of a high volume of invoices by the team
• Manage team of 4 experienced Accounts Payable Specialists
• Support standardization and improvement of processes and procedures
• Responsibility for the aging and quality of the AP ledger
• Responsibility for ensuring vendors are paid to agreed terms and reviewing payment runs
• Act as point of escalation for internal (buyers/ops) and external stakeholders (suppliers)
• Ensure Accounts Payable serve the business, suppliers and other departments in a consistent and proactive manner
• Monitor and ensure accounting is being performed correctly by reference to appropriate general ledger coding
• Manage and coordinate month end processing and reporting activities within tight timeframes
• Participation in external audit activities where required
• 5+ years' experience ideally with exposure to Retail or FMCG.
• Proven track record in successfully managing an AP team in a high-volume processing environment
• Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office Experience essential with Microsoft NAV / Dynamics 365 exposure a distinct advantage.
• A self-starter, highly motivated with a continuous improvement focus.
• A fast learner and open to new ideas.
• Strong communication skills
• Experience of working to deadlines
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.