CAD Technician (Equipment)
Working with Equipment Engineers, the successful candidate will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating in the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades.
- Collaborates with Engineering in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production equipment, fixtures and hardware designs
- Creates prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements
- Creates and modifies detailed CAD models (2D & 3D) from sketches, models, layouts or notes
- Liaises with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings
- Works with Designers/Engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and print package documentation
- Disciplined record keeping and maintenance of drawings and files
- The ability to work to tight timelines when the situation requires while delivering solutions
- Assists in driving material changes to increasing tooling & hardware timelines.
- Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Requires min. HETAC level 6 in Technical, Science or Engineering discipline or Senior Trades Qualification.
- A strong knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) essential.
- 1 – 2+ years’ experience in a modern design environment with previous experience in some of the following: Solidworks SME, 3D printing,
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
- Knowledge in the area of moulding design
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply for this position please contact Catherina at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 749261 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.