Reporting to the Assoc Dir, Environmental Health and Safety the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting, developing and maintaining EHS programmes within the company that meet best practices within the industry and fulfil the requirements of local regulatory and corporate directives.
- Identify EHS training needs and develop and deliver programmes to meet these requirements.
- Provide coaching and guidance on EHS programme requirements to other roles within the organisation
- The EHS Specialist will drive and deliver continuous improvement in EHS performance within all aspects of the company.
- Maintain a clear understanding of EHS legislative requirements and new developments taking place in relation to regulatory requirements and best practices.
- You will develop and support comprehensive EHS hazard identification and risk control programmes within the company.
- Drive compliance with the company IPC licence by sustaining the emission limit monitoring programme and identifying and leading initiatives to meet licence conditions.
- Developing the skills and knowledge of staff, including the delivery of training
- You should have an undergraduate qualification in EHS or Science/Engineering/Environmental Science
- Hold or be in the process of obtaining professional membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Strong background in Environmental Management.
- Have demonstrated experience as programme owner in both Environmental and Safety initiatives.
- Capable or preparing short term and long term strategies and plans to improve EHS performance.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.