- Gathering and analysing information about developments in law, policy and practice relating to children’s rights in Ireland, with a particular focus on Ireland’s compliance with its international human rights obligations concerning children
- Monitoring and reviewing developments in domestic legislation and public policy affecting children from a children’s rights perspective and preparing corresponding advice, submissions and reports
- Conducting research on issues relating to children’s rights and welfare and preparing corresponding policy papers and briefing documents
- Handling queries and requests for information from members of the public and others on matters relating to children’s rights
- Promote and support child-centred public administration, including child-centred complaints handling
• Have achieved a first or second class primary honours degree (at least level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) from a recognised university or other third level institution in a relevant discipline, such as law, sociology, social policy, or political science
• Evidence of knowledge and experience of children’s rights, international and European human rights standards (in particular the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child), and of national legislation and public policy in Ireland relating to children’s rights
• Evidence of experience in undertaking policy and research projects
• Evidence of experience of using research software
• Evidence of ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Evidence of project management skills and matrix working across organisational functions
• Evidence of experience of engaging effectively with diverse stakeholder groups
Want to learn more?
For further information, please send your CV to Shane at Sigmar.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday the 21st of June 2021.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.