- Manage the National Biotoxin Monitoring Program and Classification of Live Bivalve Mollusc Production Areas Program.
- Manage and develop shellfish databases to produce reports, service data requests and optimise efficiencies
- Co-ordinate sampling for Ireland’s classification monitoring programme
- Produce and Communicate shellfish related data and reports for staff and Industry.
- Liaise with diverse internal, national and international stakeholders on the Shellfish Monitoring and Sampling Programs.
- Organise and produce proposed classifications for Ireland’s Annual Review of Classifications of Shellfish Production areas
- Oversee the development of monitoring programmes for new areas seeking
- Draft and update Shellfish related Codes of Practice, guidance documents, standard operating procedures and monitoring programs.
- Respond and investigate where necessary to non-compliant results and irregularities in Shellfish monitoring
- Provide subject matter expertise and training to staff, projects and working groups
- Attend relevant meetings, outreach events and webinars with all relevant stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist and Respond to Food Safety incidents.
- Minimum of two year’s experience working in the areas of Shellfish or aquaculture in an environment such as shellfish production, compliance, monitoring, management, technical or research.
- Candidates, on the closing date for this competition, must hold a minimum qualification of a National Diploma Level 7 in a relevant area.
- Be prepared to carry out some business travel to offsite meetings nationally and internationally and to SFPA port offices nationally.
- Previous experience in a regulatory environment
- Qualifications or experience in dealing with technical shellfish work and food law
scenarios, although not essential, are highly desirable
Want to learn more?
For further information, please send your CV to Shane at Sigmar.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday the 23rd of June 2021.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.