My client within the insurance sector have a requirement for a fully qualified accountant with a strong insurance or financial services background
- Analysing client statements/technical accounts, comparing the results to underwriting reports, identifying variances etc
- Manage day to day working relationship with the brokers and clients
- Manage day to day working relationship with the Reinsurance Division Operations teams ensuring technical accounts are provided for review
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Reinsurance Division Pricing team
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts on a transaction basis, including posting of entries to the SAP general ledger and reporting same to the senior management team.
- Preparation of deal specific budget for a 3-5 year period in conjunction with the Reinsurance Division Pricing and Operations Teams.
- Preparation of variance analysis explaining transaction results versus prior periods and or budget for senior management review.
- Establish sound accounting processes and procedures for all reinsurance transactions
- Ensure transaction technical accounts are settled in a timely manner and liaise with treasury personnel, client or broker to facilitate settlements
- Reconciliation of accounts to the general ledger system, ensure third party backup is available to support all balances and entries.
- Adhere to all internal controls over the financial reporting process.
- Prepare and maintain complete and accurate documentation files on all processes and procedures associated with the role.
- Meet all local and group financial reporting requirements for each transaction within required deadlines;
- Facilitate and assist with provision of information to internal and external audit teams in order to facilitate appropriate audit of transactions.
- 3+ years experience in a technical accounts related role of a reinsurance entity analysing technical reinsurance accounts (both life and non-life) and investigating variances with clients or brokers is essential
- Full Accountancy Qualification
- Ability to work effectively across various functions including Pricing, Valuations and Operations teams.
If you match the above requirements send an updated cv to Laura in Sigmar Accountancy - email@example.com, 0860121211
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.